Thursday, May 21, 2015

Vienna & Italian Opera

it You would not beleieve what I just did.Well maybe if you read the title first. It was one of my favorite expierences in this whole year. ITALIAN OPERA. 



As spending my day in Vienna, we were looking for things to do in the afternoon. Our bus driver randomly mentioned theatre for 4€,  I wrote that down and dint forget it. After our 4 hour bus tour, I ran up to our Rotary guy, and asked about it...but he mentioned opera as well. I actually had a spasm. I have wanted to go to an Opera this whole year. I ACTUALLY WENT. All that I spent was 4€, and I saw the Italian version of Cinderella in the state opera house of vienna. I was in the same room as people who would have payed anywhere from 50-400€ for there tickets. 

But if course...there must be a catch to what I am saying..right? Well you've got it. I had a ticket for the standing up section. Thats right, I stood during a 3 hour opera show.I dont know what happened, but I survived and it was great! That is the reason they were so cheap, but you have to arrive early. 

the standong section had no dress code, and as we spontaneously went to this opera house we were wearing our tourist gear. Thats right...backpacks, fannypacks, and tshirts. We were lucky we didnt have to run home or we would not have made it!  We were the goofy looking crew surrounded by Viennas Elite...but it was quite fun! We laughed it off.



And by we, you may be asking who exactly. I was with 2 Rotex, 2 Americans, 1 Australien, and 1 Argentenian. It was a fun group!

Today I ate vegetarian schnitzel- this is typical Austrian. Except usually its meat. Its so strange, I am really not liking meat anymore here. 

It was great!

On the 4 hour tour today we went all around Vienna, and saw the main attractions. My favorite part was going to the museum of Sisi. Maybe you do not know about her, but I find her to be one of the most interesting historical people that exsisted. She married at 16, to her sisters arranged marriage man. All through her life she did not want the duty of a royal, and wanted to be free from the spotlight. I wont spoil her history, but you should definatly google her. They have  movies too.

 
 

I was laughing at this when I saw it because it hust looks so European. 

Currently, Vienna is hosting something called "EuroVision" It is like American Idol for all o Europe, and every country submits someone. So I just came back from a public viewing at the city hall.  There were so many foreigners screaming for there country. It was great

I am currently sitting in Mcdonalds, eating Macaroons and utilizing the free wifi. 

Still keeping my eyes peeled for those pick pocketers! Love You all and looking forward  to my last day in Vienna tommorow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment