Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Norway!!


Last week I went to Norway!! We went to the city of Oslo, by Cruise Ship. We passed Sweden, and Denmark on our way there. We left tuesday afternoon, and we arrived Wednesday morning. 

The boat was very nice, it had tasty restaurants, shops, and entertainment in the evenings. Going to the entertainment was very fun, they always sang American songs. One night, they had a Cowboy themed show. So it was Norweigen people, using a southern american accent. Imagine that! I found it quite funny.

In Oslo, we took a bus tour so we could see all of the sights in the time we were there. We saw a boat that went to the north pole, a beautiful garden, the parliament building, and an Olympic Ski Jump. It was all very unique and interesting. 

I really enjoyed hearing the Norweigen language being spoken. It is really a beautiful, quirky language. I challenge you to listen to it on google translate.

Norways thing is Trolls. They have them at all of the tourist attractions. Before I left, my grandma showed me a troll she had from Norway, so grandma if your reading this I got yours a friend! I don't know what the story is behind them, but I think they are great!

The ship we took was ran by a Norweigen Company. So many of the meals accomidated germans, but also Norweigans. We had som great Scandanavian "danishes" and breads as well as cheeses. The food was delicious!

I had a wonderful time in Norway!

The garden was by far my favorite. It was created by a poor artist, and in exchange for creating the garden the city of Oslo fed him and payed his rent. The theme of his artwork is the many different generations of life.


Here is the boat that went to the North Pole! It is called Fram.

Here is th famous bridge that connects Sweden and Denmark. 

Here are my Trolls

No comments:

Post a Comment