Saturday, August 30, 2014

American Night

    I have been wanting to make my Hosts some American food lately, so I finally was able to last night! I made Macaroni and Cheese, and BLT's. I was really surprised that they didn't have either here. They are definitely some of my favorite foods. The only problem, I hadn't made homemade Mac & Cheese since I was about 11. I almost ruined it creating the sauce with the flour and milk. It was getting really clumpy, and definitely not the texture I had hoped for. Because I didn't know where anything was in the kitchen, I asked lots of questions. Asking these questions, made me look like I had no idea what I was doing. So the combination of me freaking out about the sauce, and looking clueless I think worried them about there dinner...However, In the end it was really tasty!

Displaying photo 1.JPG  Displaying photo 2.JPG  Displaying photo 3.JPG

School
At this point, I have just completed my first week of school, overall it went well. I was put in a classroom with 14 aged students, but luckily I was able to have my class switched to students my age. I will start the new class schedule on Monday, so wish me luck. It will be like school beginning all over again.

I have noticed school here is very different. If a teacher can not make it to teach the class, the class will be canceled. I find it to be a lot like a college atmosphere here. You can come in and out of the building as you please, and students are very relaxed about schedules. It is really nice! My school is not your typical school...there have been so many students who have gone on an exchange. It is very nice because exchange students have a like atmosphere about themselves, but it is hard because the attitude is "Been there, done that" with meeting new people. 

I bet you will never guess who is the best in English class...ME. It is definitely my favorite class of the day. It is the only class I am allowed to speak English to the teacher, and I am constantly asked questions. They have me write down what is said in class on the board for students to write down notes, and at first I didn't know why it was me. Then I realized that I would have the correct spelling. It is all together really fun!

Everything is going great here, I hope all is well wherever you may be. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment